Monday, December 17, 2018

S1 Final

1st Semester Graphic Design

Info-Graphic

The goal of this project was to put together an Info-Graphic about a topic of our choice. This project has taken around a month to do. I started by doing research on my topic, which ended up being centered around music listening. Then I made several smaller sketch mock-ups and then a larger, more detailed final mock-up. Once those were all done I began create the graphics for the Final Info-Graphic. Once the graphics were finished I began piecing together the final Info-Graphic. Some of the graphics were hard to make initially and finding colors that both worked together and made the words easy to read was somewhat difficult. During this project I learned how to use the pen tool much better than I ever had before. When working on my final sketch I was told that I may not have enough color which I thought was true. I ended up adding more and different colors and arranged it differently than some of my original sketches. I think my Info-Graphic looked pretty good at the end.

Challenge 2

For this project we were given the challenge of finding many different photos form Unsplash.com and putting them together into one photo using Photoshop. This project took around a week to finish. I think the hardest part of this project was finding the photos and making the colors look consistent. This project gave me more good practice using Photoshop. I started out working with a color palette of purples and ended up going with blues. I really liked the final product of this project.

Panorama 

For this project we had to take 10 photos around a theme and put them together in photoshop. This project took around 2 weeks to complete. It was hard to get all ten photos into one while still keeping the focus. Since I did used sunrise/sunset I only had certain times I could get photos as well. I learned that it is better to have more picture than needed just incase some that I thought would work don't. I was told that it would look better if the transitions were smoother that it would look and flow better. I originally wanted to have more main photos but I thought that the focus was better with fewer main photos. I thought that this project look alright but could have been better.

Final Thoughts 

Almost all of these projects took up all of the time we were given to do it so I didn't finish up earlier than expected a majority of times. The few times I did finish early I tried to do touch-ups or find tutorials or other things to learn from. Outside of class I took or found photos that worked for some of these projects.
I think some of my strengths as a graphic design student would be flexibility and listening to feedback. I change my thoughts around a lot while working and enjoy implementing feedback I am given into my work.
I think I could improve in communication and leadership by asking for more feedback from others and offering feedback on others work.
I enjoyed learning more about graphic design and photography and learning how to use Photoshop and Illustrator way better than I knew how to use them before. For next semester I would like to continue to learn more about using Photoshop and Illustrator better and to also continue to make my projects better and better.

Behance:https://www.behance.net/tystockwel3ece

No comments:

Post a Comment

Semester 2 Final Blog

S2 Final Blog Low-Poly Vector  My favorite project this semester in graphic design was the low ploy vector. I spent around a month...