Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Vector Illustrated Portrait

Pre-Production

I started by selecting a photo I wanted to use for the portrait. I had to do a family member so I decided to use one of my favorite photos of my dog. I pull the photo into photoshop to resize and posterize the photo. Once I did that I made a new Illustrator file with 2 art-boards, one for the photo and another with the photo to use the pen tool on a layer above it.

Production

I started but making outline of my whole dog and then outlines to split up the photo up into main sections. Once I had my outlines I used shape to create triangles of different sizes inside of the outlines using the pen tool. Doing this give the photo the low-poly look it was supposed to have.

Post-Production

For the most part I liked how it turned out. I wish there was a little more color or something else I could have changed with the eyes but that is all I would change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Semester 2 Final Blog

S2 Final Blog Low-Poly Vector  My favorite project this semester in graphic design was the low ploy vector. I spent around a month...