Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Letter Anatomy




















Typography

For this project I had to take my name, in a serif font, and label all the parts of the font. Serif fonts add many parts to each letter. I labeled all the parts added to my name by a serif font. I labeled the base line, x-height, and caps height along with the other parts. There are ten parts labeled not including the base line, x-height, and caps height.

Before and during this project I learned many things about typefaces. I learned that serif means the extra lines add on the end of letters. I also learned sans-serif means without serifs. I learned that typefaces can mean as much, or even more then the words themselves. Lastly, I learned that fonts fit in certain situation, one font is not good for every situation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Semester 2 Final Blog

S2 Final Blog Low-Poly Vector  My favorite project this semester in graphic design was the low ploy vector. I spent around a month...